Skip over navigation

A Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey Playlist

A Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey Playlist

By Contributor

You Whovian Sparklers out there might remember when the Doctor Who fandom was taken for quite the emotional rigamarole about a year ago with rumors that Harry Potter director David Yates would be directing a Who movie not actually starring any of the show's cast members--rumors which were later refuted by Doctor Who's head writer, Stephen Moffat, then reiterated by Yates, then re-refuted by Moffat. The buzz has since pretty much died down, but the idea still gives me a little prickle of anxiety when I think about the soundtrack. What if the right songs aren't used?? So here's my very own Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey Playlist of songs that absolutely, positively, definitively(what?) need to be featured in any new Who movie, Moffat-approved or otherwise.

"Starman" by David Bowie. Because, let's face it, Ziggy Stardust is the Doctor of rock 'n' roll. He may even be the Doctor, period. O.O

"This Time Tomorrow" by the Kinks. Because it makes me think of the Doctor and friends heading into the TARDIS to get ready for a new adventure!

"Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin. Because Jimmy Page is a traveler of both time and space. HE COULD BE THE DOCTOR, TOO.

"Time Warp" from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Just for fun.

"Polish Girl" by Neon Indian. Because of the space-agey electro-pop vibe, sure. But doesn't the storyline of the video totally remind you of when Rose got trapped in another dimension so that the Doctor never got the chance to say, "I love you" to her, and then just completely wreck your emotions all over again?? Okay, that may just be me . . .

"Future Reflections" by MGMT. More good futuristicky stuff.

"Space Oddity" by David Bowie. Because more Ziggy is always necessary.

And, of course.

Playlist by beks405!

What do you say, Whovians? Best playlist ever?

Related Post: Playlist of the Day

Topics: Life
Tags: music, playlists, doctor who, playlist of the day

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!