12 Lessons My Mom Taught Me
Moms are full of great life advice, and my mother in particular is full of so many pearls of wisdom, one could make a ridiculously long pearl necklace with them. Some more vivid lessons include:
- Hotel minibars are to be hated and feared.
- Travel everywhere when you’re young. It’s hard to backpack when you keep throwing your back out.
- It’s never a bad idea to buy another book.
- Work smart, not hard.
- Make your be; you never know who’s coming over.
- It’s the face without makeup that’s a work of art.
- You can save the world and drink boxed wine.
- There’s a paddle for every ass.
- You will have bad boyfriends; the trick is to pick a good husband.
- Wrap your feet in duct tape when breaking in a pair of shoes.
- Take lots of pictures now. You’ll be happy you did when you start getting wrinkly because even the bad ones now will look great later.
- Don’t get bangs, they make you look like a choir boy.
I’m still learning from my mom and I can’t wait for her next lesson.
We love this! Do you have any mom lessons to add to the list?
Related post: 8 Lessons We Can Learn From the Bravest Skiier of All