Skip over navigation

How to Make Fudgesicles

How to Make Fudgesicles

By Shivani

I should be studying for my calculus final or packing up my room, but I can’t bring myself to do anything more than loll around in bed getting lost in the SparkLife archives and tweeting about how little I’ve moved. I’m confident that all my cauldrons have exploded in Pottermore, and I don’t even care. I am a sloth/honey badger hybrid and I demand the arrival of summer so I can carry on sleeping face down and reblogging inane things on tumblr.

Since I’m really imaginative and good at make believe, I can easily pretend summer is already here, especially when there are fudgesicles firming up in the freezer less than three feet away from my face (ah, dorm life!). If you’ve got a Popsicle mold handy, I suggest using that to make these chocolaty delights. If you don't, Dixie cups and popsicle sticks exist for this very reason.

Fudgesicles
Makes 6 Dixie Cup Popsicles

Ingredients
1 ¼ cups whole milk
½ tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp semisweet chocolate chips/chopped chocolate
1 ½ tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
½ tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt

Directions
1. In a medium saucepan, over very low heat, melt the chocolate, stirring constantly until smooth.
2. Add sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, milk and salt. Raise heat to medium and combine fully.
3. Stirring frequently, allow the mixture to cook anywhere from 5 -10 minutes, until it thickens.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Add butter and vanilla.
6. Stir until combined.
7. Set aside to cool to room temp, then start pouring mixture into cups. Freeze for half hour, then insert popsicle sticks.
8. Freeze until completely solid. To serve, peel away cup from popsicle.

Mmmmmm! Who else wants to make these right this second?

Related post: Shivani Makes Quiche Lorraine (with BACON!)

Topics: Life
Tags: food, recipes, cooking with shivani, popsicles, dessert

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Shivani

Shivani is a blogger and college student living in Miami, Florida. She’s usually rocking a serious topknot and always trying to realize her life’s ambition of getting her own reality show. In her spare time she blogs about boys, school, and makeup on www.missaluru.wordpress.com. Follow her on Twitter @Shivani_Aluru.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.