Skip over navigation

Apneet Bought Purple Velvet Pants in Times Square

Apneet Bought Purple Velvet Pants in Times Square

By Apneet

This week, I went thrifting in a new part of town where I've never thrifted before: Times Square. Numerous friends had recommended the Salvation Army on 46th Street between 10th and 11th Ave, so I finally decided to head to midtown and see what all the commotion was about. I was delighted when I walked in and saw that the racks were neatly organized and sections clearly marked. I went on half off Wednesday, and to my surprise, the place was not crowded at all! The temperature is slowly rising here in New York, but I couldn't help buying pieces in velvet—a soft and thick fabric totally unfit for summer!

(Blouse, Salvation Army, $3.50 | Skirt & Tights, American Apparel | Shoes, Jeffrey Campbell)

This blouse is the perfect oversized fit for my liking. It's vintage Ann Taylor, and I chose to pair it with the American Apparel Circle skirt in corduroy. To finish the look I added thigh highs and a tall pair of platforms. As many of you know, this silhouette is my signature: billowy top + structured and super short bottoms. Plus, I can't go wrong in velvet!

(Jacket, Salvation Army, $7.50 | Blouse, Vintage | Skirt, Tracy Reese | Shoes, Nine West)

White is a hot color for summer, and I'd been peeking into a number of stores to find the perfect white blazer. I'm really happy with the three-quarter sleeves and cropped cut on this jacket. I'm wearing it here with a pleated skirt, but I'm sure it will look just as crisp with a pair or denim shorts and vintage tee shirt. It came with enormous shoulder pads, but I did what I always do and ripped those babies right out for a better fit in the shoulder area.

(Blouse, Market Publique | Pants, Salvation Army, $6 | Shoes, Jeffrey Campbell | Jewelry from Buffalo Exchange and Forever 21)

Last but not least, I'm beyond thrilled to have found these amazing velvet, wide leg pants. The bonus is, they're 80's FENDI! What! I know, I freaked out too. I checked the label and care tags to make sure they were authentic, and to my delight, they were! Since these pants are such a rich color, I decided to pair them with a simple blouse. For more photos of these lovely slacks, visit my blog, fabricsnob.com.

*Photos taken on a Canon EOS Rebel T2i

Could you pull off these pants?

Related post: Forever 21's Promtastic Dresses

Topics: Fashion
Tags: fashion, vintage, thrifting, thrifted thursday, times square

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!