Skip over navigation

Stick Your Gams in These Spring Shoes

Stick Your Gams in These Spring Shoes

By Apneet

This week I thrifted some great shoes to wear for spring, all of them in new to near-new condition. When you're shopping for vintage shoes, condition is key. I’ve had the soles of thrifted shoes fall off right as I was walking down the street—not fun. Not to mention, you can really find some gross stuff in secondhand shoes. Go for the pairs in excellent condition, and clean them after purchase: you’ll get more wear out of them and will be able to sleep at night knowing you won’t develop some strange foot fungus.

(Vintage loafers, $6)
I can’t get enough of loafers. The deep cherry red color of these shoes is perfect for summer days. Also, the texture on the toes is fun, and I’m sure I’ll get lots of wear out of them with skinny jeans and dresses.

(7 For All Mankind heels, $13, Salvation Army)
When I popped into the thrift store, these heels were sitting on the shoe rack in a few different sizes. Luckily, there was a pair that fit me! I’m loving the color combinations here, and I’m sure these will look great paired with a tee and denim. I also see lots of little black dresses in my future with these babies on my feet. These heels showed no signs of wear.

(Lela Rose flats, $6, Salvation Army)
Though I’m not a huge fan of flat shoes, I couldn’t pass up this plain and simple pair for casual wear and errand-running. In the photos they look purple, but their actual color is electric blue. These were in brand new condition, with a $29.99 price tag still attached. Safe to say, someone didn’t love them enough for that price. But for just $6, I can’t complain.

*Photos shot on a Canon EOS Rebel T2i

Which of these shoes do you like best?

Related post: Check Out Apneet's $1 Fashion Steals!

Topics: Fashion
Tags: fashion, shoes, vintage, thrifting, heels, loafers, thrifted thursday

Write your own comment!