Skip over navigation

Shakespeare's Birthday Twitter Feed

Shakespeare's Birthday Twitter Feed

By Janet Manley

The MindHut

It's our man Will Shakespeare's birthday! Dude was mad prolific, plus he had a HUGE KNACK for zingers, which would make make for some pretty karate Tweets. Also, it's no secret that the bard got the odd hankering for nachos. A sage look at the playwright's knowing Twitter feed on his birthday:

@willshakespeareeatthecake: He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that hath an ironic moustache is a hipster.

@willshakespeareeatthecake: Ho! Dear pizza stain, once more into the bleach!

@willshakespeareeatthecake: Life is a tale told by an idiot, full of salsa and flan, signifying nachos.

@willshakespeareeatthecake: Out, damn Spotify! #supportartists

@willshakespeareeatthecake: Brevity is the soul of wit; also, fart jokes

@willshakespeareeatthecake: Her lips, two blushing Pizza Pockets #hungryforakiss

@willshakespeareeatthecake: Some Cupid kills with arrows, some with traps. Some with interpretive jazz dance.

@willshakespeareeatthecake: Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, that I might get back my frisbee, which got stuck in the tree last September

@willshakespeareeatthecake: A plague o' both your Waffle Houses

@willshakespeareeatthecake: Thither, ith there something in my brathes?

@willshakespeareeatthecake: By and by, iPhone #bestpresentever

@willshakespeareeatthecake: Give not this rotten orange to your friend, give him Syd Meier’s Civilization #hint

@willshakespeareeatthecake: I do beseech thee, wilt though plank with me?

@willshakespeareeatthecake: Masters, remember that I am an ass, when you see me in a fannypack

@willshakespeareeatthecake: Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more, I have my learner’s permit

@willshakespeareeatthecake: Man is a giddy thing, and this is my conclusion, after too many horse fights #poolparty!!!

@willshakespeareeatthecake: O remote, remote! Wherefore art thou remote? #toolazytogetup

@willshakespeareeatthecake: For never was a story of more woe, than this of Juliet and her tennis elbow

@willshakespeareeatthecake: Marry, doth another Kashardian presume to wed?

@willshakespeareeatthecake: What day is day, night night, and time is time; thank god the DV-R knows when to record Games of Thrones

Topics: Books, The Internets, Mindhut
Tags: twitter, holidays, romeo and juliet, shakespeare, birthdays

Write your own comment!

OR

About the Author
Janet Manley

Janet's desk was moved into the hall for the duration of coursework on Roman numerals in grade four, and she cannot tell one Rocky from another to this day. Her spirit animal is a wombat, and she has not written a novel. Dauntless, Gryffindor, Mockingjay. She tweets @janetmanley

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.