Skip over navigation

You Guys Know WAYYYY Too Much About Committing Crimes

You Guys Know WAYYYY Too Much About Committing Crimes

By Chelsea Dagger

Frankly, I'm terrified of all y'all. Judging from last week's stories, you butts could get totally ILLEGAL up in this joint if you had to. Remind me never to kidnap your crush and hold him for ransom. (Wait—TOO LATE! Just kidding. Maybe.) I'm in a foul disposition this week (89,000 Dagger points if you can name the movie from whence that phrase is derived) so let's dispense with the pleasantries and get right down to the nitty-gritty.

Sparklers' Choice (a TIE, with 11 votes each):

XTheInvincibleHer darkly fascinating story reminds me of the Jason Bourne series!

agentobe—Her hilarious approach to the prompt was a refreshing change of pace!

Dagger's Choice: babykitten2727for her terrifying glimpse at a possible future!( igordead's gorgeously written story was a close second!)

Dagger's Runners-Up:

iheartsomeone

purpledino372

KJ_Vball

hammncheese94

pianolover14

WhiteEyedCat

PlathAddict16

jayt919

DashtiKalin

Tiggerific88

CarolinaWren4

Bexxrose

horsechick180

DinnerWithADeadMan

princessofthepen

MrsStylinson

alittletoomuchBAZINGA

reba305

Sintuitive

AreWeHuman?

joannacle

floweroni

SparksFlyAlwaysT-Swizzle

whitewingedwolf

cece_fredzilla

that_other_leah

takeitniceandeasy

insideout2upsidedown

TheThing01

Chadcoolins

Zelderex

rainfire113

Lycoris_Lys99

waveswimr2010

purplepurplepurp

Frumpy_Little_Turd

Jessinthelibrary

AlchemyRusk

AuburnHairAndTawnyEyes

CONGRATS to all you future criminals! I was uber-impressed with the number of entries this week; it might be an all-time high! And now for this week's prompt:

Write a short story or prose poem (max 500 words) from the point of view of a character living a post-apocalyptic world. This person is in possession of THE ONLY "cure" for whatever is plaguing society (whether it be zombies, disease, robot overlords, etc). What is their course of action? Do they decide to be a hero, or do they use the cure for evil purposes? How did they come to posses the cure? (You don't have to answer these questions, they're just suggestions to get you started!)

EXTRA SPECIAL BONUS: Check out this hilariously awesome pic from Melian24! I'll let her explain: So I was messing around with this website tingamajig when I had this BRILLIANT idea, I put the latest Writer Wars post in, it did its magical magic and came up with this star, which I thought sort of was an amazing representation of us sparklers and manklers as a whole (especially since one of the larger words is butt. just sayin.)

Related post: Writer Wars archives

Topics: Books, Life
Tags: writing, fiction, writers, sparkler fiction, writer wars

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Chelsea Dagger

Since 2010, Chelsea Dagger (known in real life as Chelsea Aaron) has been SparkLife's sweatiest editor. She's currently working on a how-to-kiss guide for teens, and when she's not conducting smooch-related research on her life-size Joseph Gordon-Levitt cardboard cutout, she's eating pancakes, stocking up on industrial-strength deodorant, and destroying everyone at Harry Potter trivia. (EXPECTO PATRONUM!)

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.