8 Thoughts on The Raven Trailer
Why has it taken this long to make Edgar Allan Poe into a kick-butt action movie star!?
That is the only question I asked myself, over and over again, out loud, in a crowded grocery store when I found out about the upcoming movie, The Raven, opening this Friday and starring John Cusack as Poe. Once the other patrons of the frozen food aisle stopped staring at me, I dropped my two dozen Tombstone pizzas, and ran back home to my computer.
And here I sit. Ready for the awesomeness that is The Raven: The Trailer!
Here are my thoughts:
1. The sideburns already let me know, this is going to be a quality period piece.
2. Okay… I get it. Copycat murderer acting out all of Poe’s short stories. Can’t wait to see what they do with The Cask of Amontillado!
3. Sideburns: check. Goatee: check. Men’s blouses: check.
4. I’m a little confused by the inspector’s accent. Is that Boston circa 1840, or LA circa 2012?
5. So, the killer’s kind of like a fan fic troll. Only with murder.
6. YES! The Pit and the Pendulum!
7. I kind of want to see Poe lift a boombox above his head and blast some Peter Gabriel.
8. Fist coming out of the freshly dug grave is always a good sign.
So, there you have it. In all its glory. EAP finally kicking rump and taking names. It only took 170 years.
Are you going to see it?