Skip over navigation

What I Wore on Spring Break

What I Wore on Spring Break

By Apneet

Before I went off to California for spring break, I raided my friend Marilla's closet for some awesome vintage pieces to wear while on vacation. Marilla has impeccable style, and going through her closet was like shopping at a personalized vintage boutique with the best sales associate ever. I chose three items that best fit my style, and I might not be giving them back any time soon!

(Blouse, Marilla's | Shorts, Levi's | Shoes, Doc Martens)

To start, I found this great paisley mid-length blouse. I paired it with my go-to pair of high-waisted shorts, added some boots, and voila! Perfect for romping around train tracks on a warm day.

(Dress, Marilla's | Shoes, Nine West)

When I saw this dress I immediately knew I wanted to bring it with me to the fairer coast. Normally I like to wear bright pink on my lips, but not so much on my body. But the modest hemline and semi-sheer fabric of this dress make it look a little more grown up, instead of like a cotton candy machine threw up on me. I added a mint-colored belt to jazz up the waistline.

(Dress, Marilla's | Shoes, Nine West)

Last but not least, this is my favorite piece from Marilla's vintage stash. It's also semi-sheer and long, but the gold leaf embellishment makes it extra special. Though the shoes I paired this dress with and the location I chose to shoot at gave me a little trouble (see above!!), I came out alive and looking good!

*Photos shot on a Canon EOS Rebel T2i by Thea Riel

*P.S Now that I've fallen back to the face of the earth, I'm on Instagram! Follow me at @fabricsnob for your in-between thrifting fix, and photos of NYC street scenes.

Related post: Celebrate Spring with Cute Clothes

Topics: Fashion
Tags: spring break, vintage, thrifted thursday

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

From Our Partners