10 Things We Love About the Spring
In no particular order here are a few of our favorite things to look forward to during Springtime.
1. Blockbusters! Spring is technically from March 20 to June 19, so when The Avengers hits theaters we’ll be smack in the middle of the season and before we can lick the popcorn salt off our fingers, it’ll be Memorial Day.
2. Warm weather. Not all of us live in year-round paradise temps that stay above 65º. For those of us that live in the East, North, or Northwest this is the time to bust out that short-sleeved Pac-Man shirt and show off those Pale-as-Ginger-Ale legs.
3. Six Flags opens for business. Y’like getting blasted with the adrenaline of going 85 mph on a coaster where your feet are dangling like bats in a cave?? Check SixFlags.com for all Opening Days and remember…eat something AFTER going on the rides.
4. The Final Four, The NHL Playoffs, The NBA Playoffs, MLB Opening Day, and The NFL Draft. Maybe you’re not the world’s biggest sports fan, but it’s hard to not get swept up in the excitement of any number of events going on in the spring. Unless, of course, you hate sports so much you put on your WhateverFace and commiserate with your Sports-Hate Crew.
5. Windows—down, Radio—up. Nothing’s better than a spin around town with the wind on your face and a song on your speakers. This spring will see new releases from The Shins, Ludacris, Carrie Underwood, Bow Wow, Jack White, and Madonna among many others. Let the head-bobbing begin.
6. Season finales. Pick your Idol, see which Star is the best dancer, find out who is a Survivor, and tune in to all of your favorite sitcoms and dramas to see how your favorite shows leave you hangin’ all summer.
7. Love is in the air. There is never a better time to pursue that crush of yours than in the spring. The sun is out, the birds are chirping, the flowers are blooming, what more do you need? Bask in the good vibes Spring has to offer. By the time you’re staring into each others' eyes over Blizzards at Dairy Queen you’ll know what Spring Fever is all about.
8. Easter candy. Sure, we don’t all celebrate Easter, but we can DEFINTELY celebrate candy and those Cadbury Eggs filled with liquid sugar are almost their own religion. In fact, after the 3rd or 4th one there is a small guarantee you’ll feel like you’re in heaven.
9. Cinco de Mayo. Get your Mex-Pride on as we celebrate our neighbors to the South. Find your amigos and strike up the mariachi band ‘cuz we there ain’t no party like a 5/5 party!
10. SPRING BREAK!!! Ehem. ‘Nuff said.
What are you excited about?