Skip over navigation

Chelsea Dagger Interviews KATNISS, PEETA, AND GALE.

By Chelsea Dagger Mar 12, 2012

11 of 36

How did you pick up on the book and get involved in the movie?

My friends told me about it, it was actually very popular at school, and so I bought a copy and read it in like a day, and it was just so amazing! And I read through the whole series and I heard they were making a movie, and at first I was like “Oh the movie, I can’t wait to see the movie, I have to buy tickets in advance!” and then I was like “wait a second…Rue…she kinda looks like me!”

So I called my agent and said “Can you just please get me an audition, please, just an audition, it’d be amazing!” and a few weeks later I got an audition. And I practiced my heart out and I actually dressed up as Rue, and I had twigs in my hair, leaves and mud, and I think I made a good first impression with my wardrobe and all, and then I got a call back!

I’m pretty obsessed with the Huger Games. I mean, I was obsessed before I even auditioned, so to actually be a part of it, I can’t even believe it yet, I don’t think I ever will.
Topics: Life, Celebs & Stuff, the hunger games
Tags: celebrities, the hunger games, cute guys, katniss everdeen, peeta mellark, gale hawthorne, jennifer lawrence, celebs, josh hutcherson, liam hemsworth, hunger games movie, celeb interviews, cast interviews, alexander ludwig, amandla stenberg, isabelle fuhrman, cato, rue, tributes, wes bentley

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Chelsea Dagger

Since 2010, Chelsea Dagger (known in real life as Chelsea Aaron) has been SparkLife's sweatiest editor. She's currently working on a how-to-kiss guide for teens, and when she's not conducting smooch-related research on her life-size Joseph Gordon-Levitt cardboard cutout, she's eating pancakes, stocking up on industrial-strength deodorant, and destroying everyone at Harry Potter trivia. (EXPECTO PATRONUM!)

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.