Skip over navigation

How to Make NUTELLA TRUFFLES!

How to Make NUTELLA TRUFFLES!

By Shivani

This year I’m strangely hype on Valentine’s Day. Maybe it’s all the new people I’ve met at college, or maybe it’s that I just like excuses to not do my work. Either way, I’m feeling the love. Since V-day normally involves copious amounts of chocolate I’m sticking to tradition and offering up a recipe for hazelnut chocolate truffles. The recipe calls for Nutella and not a whole lot else. It’s perfect for people like me who see no problem in sitting on the couch and eating the stuff straight from the jar. The chocolate shell is the perfect vehicle for hazelnut goodness and makes a classy gift. Toss them in a tin and scrawl lovely-dovey things over it for your paramour or friend, or skip the presentation and dive in yourself because they are so worth the calories. Whether using them to say “I love you” or “I love myself,” they’ll certainly liven up your Tuesday.

Nutella Truffles

Makes 24-30

Ingredients

1 jar Nutella

8 oz. dark chocolate

Red sprinkles for decorating

Directions

1. Refrigerate Nutella overnight, or until stiff
  2. Line tray with wax paper
  3. Remove Nutella from refrigerator and use a melon baller to scoop spheres about 1 inch in diameter and place them on the wax paper
  4. Freeze Nutella balls for 30 minutes
  5. As the Nutella freezes, chop the dark chocolate into small pieces and place in a small bowl.
  6. Melt the chocolate by microwaving it in 30 second increments, stirring every 30 seconds
  7. Remove balls from the freezer and using a fork, quickly dip them into the melted chocolate. Replace the truffle on the wax paper.
  8. Before the chocolate sets, decorate the truffles with a few sprinkles.
  9. Allow to set completely.
Topics: Life
Tags: holidays, valentine's day, recipes, chocolate, candy, desserts, cooking with shivani, sweets, truffles, nutella

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Shivani

Shivani is a blogger and college student living in Miami, Florida. She’s usually rocking a serious topknot and always trying to realize her life’s ambition of getting her own reality show. In her spare time she blogs about boys, school, and makeup on www.missaluru.wordpress.com. Follow her on Twitter @Shivani_Aluru.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.