For all you barbed-wire-toothed Sparklers out there, ShazamBam has got some great culinary advice!—Sparkitors
It's Geek Week! You know what that means? It's time to wear your glasses and braces with pride! Although, let's face it; braces suck more than all the sucking it would take to reach the center of a tootsie pop. (Speaking of which, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? I'm dying to know!) I'm sure most, if not all, of you lovely geeks have experienced the horribleness of braces. The only good side? No one judges you for eating an entire box of brownie mix after you first get them on. Here's some amazing, soft, and mushy stuff to eat while you feel like you've been punched in the mouth by an angry gorilla.
- Soup: Soup is amazing. It's versatile, good-for-you, tasty, and perfect for a cold and nasty January. You don't always have to stick to classic chicken noodle soup either! There's broccoli cheese, creamy potato, split pea, cream of tiger, black bean, and 17 million more different kinds. Trust me, I counted 17 million.
- Oatmeal: It isn't just a fantastic face scrub! Oatmeal is a breakfast food popular among your grandparents. It tastes fantastic with some apples, cranberries, walnuts, butter, brown sugar, and a piece of toast. Go ahead, give the good stuff a try.
- Brownie Mix: Who could say no to brownie mix?!?! Go whip up a bowl of the stuff right this very minute! Just do it without the eggs. Why no eggs? Because you'll get salmonella, and chickens will take over the world. But seriously, no eggs (it tastes just as good).
- Flan: Flan is a Spanish custard dessert with a soft caramel top. It's really, really soft which makes it really, really easy to eat with braces. It's very sweet, and you can find it at almost any Mexican restaurant even though it's Spanish. I wish there was more to flan but sadly it is pretty boring. However, once you taste it fireworks will explode in your mouth.
- Mashed Potatoes with Gravy: A Thanksgiving favorite, and holy turkey am I thankful for them. They're really easy to make too! Step 1: Obliterate some potatoes. Step 2: Add some cow juice (milk). Step 3: Add some butter. Step 4: Heat up in a pot or in the microwave while stirring. Step 5: Drown in gravy. Voila! Mashed potatoes with gravy.
- Ice Cream: This one is rather obvious, isn't it? It's cold so that it numbs your mouth. And it requires no chewing! Your teeth (and taste buds) will thank you.
What's your favorite brace-faced food?
Related Post: Let's Talk About Braces
Wanna write for SparkLife? Read this first!