Skip over navigation

The History of Rock Part 3: Amazing Female Rockers

The History of Rock Part 3: Amazing Female Rockers

By Contributor

Luna_22 continues her History of Rock series with this post: a list of girl rockers! Prepare to be amazed. — Sparkitors

My previous posts focused on my favorite bands, which consist of mainly males. But let us not forget the women that rock hard! They are equally awesome, if not more so, so here I bring you the coolest chicks of rock.

1. Régine Chassagne (from Arcade Fire): Arcade Fire is a Canadian indie rock band. Régine is one of their only female members, and she plays the accordion! Another cool thing about her is that she speaks French.

Sample Songs: "Black Wave/Bad Vibrations"

2. Debbie Harry (from Blondie): Debbie is an awesome ‘80s singer from her rock band Blondie. She has a punk image and (of course) blonde hair.

Sample Song: "Call Me"

3. Joan Jett (from Joan Jett & the Blackhearts): Joan Jett is the queen of hard rock. She can play the guitar and sings like a rock goddess. She literally kicks butt!

Sample Song: "I Hate Myself For Loving You"

4. Janis Joplin: Janis was another great singer, known for her folk rock. Her husky voice is unbelievable. What’s not to love?

Sample Song: "Piece of My Heart"

5. Courtney Love (from Hole): Courtney Love is one of the few females that can scream—literally scream—hard punk lyrics. She can play guitar and isn’t “gentle” like other singers.

Sample Song: "Doll Parts"

6. Florence Lynch (from Florence + The Machine): Florence has an amazing voice and beautiful pop rock songs. Whatever she sings, it sounds awesome.

Sample Song: "Dog Days Are Over"

7. Suzi Quatro: Suzi is the coolest rocker on the block, and she plays bass guitar! Her '70s type music has a punk edge to it.

Sample Song: "48 Crash"

8. Katie White (from The Ting Tings): A British group, The Ting Tings is a pop rock band. Katie is the lead guitarist and vocals, and her music has a girly feel to it.

Sample Song: "Shut Up And Let Me Go"

9. Meg White (from The White Stripes): Meg is one of the few female drummers out there. She's from a garage rock group, The White Stripes. And Meg has the coolest drum set ever: red drums with red and white peppermint swirls on them.

Sample Song: "The Hardest Button to Button"

Who's your favorite female rocker?

Related Post: The History of Rock Part 2

Wanna write for SparkLife? Read this first!

Topics: Life
Tags: sparkler posts, rock stars, music, rock bands, rock, history of rock, rock and roll, female musicians, female rock stars

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!