Skip over navigation

Harry Potter Has a New Girlfriend (And It Ain't Ginny the Lamp)

Harry Potter Has a New Girlfriend (And It Ain't Ginny the Lamp)

By Chelsea Dagger

Well ladybutts, if you had your heart set on dating the greatest wizard of all time, you are straight out of luck; Daniel Radcliffe, the geeky star of our Hogwarts-heavy dreams, has a girlfriend. You may now commence with the hysterical weeping (but save those Unforgivable Curses for another time, homies. LIKE THE WEDDING).

In a recent interview about his year-long relationship with 22-year-old Rosie Coker (the two met when she was a production assistant on the set of the HP films), Danny Boy spills some adorable deets about his boo (if Justin Bieber can say it, then so can we). Check out these clips, courtesy of the London Mirror:

“I hated dating because I’m crap at it. With Rosie, I didn’t know what was appropriate–like on which date you’re meant to try to kiss."

A DATER-HATER? AN AWKWARD KISSER? These are qualities we find completely irresistible! And it gets even better:

“I went to kiss Rosie and at the last minute lost my nerve and ended up kissing her neck, which is such a weirdly intimate place to kiss somebody on a second date.I texted her afterwards, saying ‘I’m sorry. What I just did probably seems very odd to you’. Fortunately, she just found it really funny.”

DANIEL, DON'T EVER CHANGE. How endearing is that first kiss fail? TOO ENDEARING. So endearing that we're about 10 minutes away from horcruxing ourselves in an extravagant attempt to win his love (would that work? Someone try it and get back to us). Rumor has it that he's even planning to PROPOSE one day soon; if your heart hasn't taken enough of a beating, read on for his feelings about his potential fiancé:

“When Rosie’s here, every day seems better,” he said. “Ultimately, I think it comes down to that–having somebody in your life who makes you happier than you thought you could be. I’m not an easy person to love."

Of course you're not, Daniel. With your dapper good looks, winning sense of humor, worldwide fame, and the gajillions of  dollars you have in the bank, we had you pegged for a lifetime of loneliness. You have defied all expectations.

Sigh. Even sarcasm can't take the sting of of this one. Another magical bachelor bites the dust.

Are you crushed about Dan's GF?

Related post: Justin Timberlake is Engaged?!

Image credit: http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jjr/headlines/2012/01/daniel-radcliffe-parade-cover.jpg

Topics: Life, Celebs & Stuff
Tags: harry potter, dating, crushes, daniel radcliffe, actors, celebrity couples, celeb crushes

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Chelsea Dagger

Since 2010, Chelsea Dagger (known in real life as Chelsea Aaron) has been SparkLife's sweatiest editor. She's currently working on a how-to-kiss guide for teens, and when she's not conducting smooch-related research on her life-size Joseph Gordon-Levitt cardboard cutout, she's eating pancakes, stocking up on industrial-strength deodorant, and destroying everyone at Harry Potter trivia. (EXPECTO PATRONUM!)

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.