Skip over navigation

It's a Brand New Year-But I'm Still NBK

It's a Brand New Year-But I'm Still NBK

By Contributor

Metalhead is back with a much-needed update on the status of his lurve life!—Sparkitors

It's been a while, Sparklurrz! Hope you guys had an awesome Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/New Year's Eve/whatever you celebrate—I know MY Christmas was awesome. But, yes, another year has gone by, and I'm STILL an NBK.

But I get the feeling that this is subject to change. Because I, Metalhead865, have just begun an acting career to double up with my music.

...Okay, well, the truth is, I'm a currently unnamed knight in our school production of Camelot. I don't know if I actually have a speaking part (and I KNOW I don't have a singing part). But if you're at all familiar with anything about high school drama departments, you'll know that it's where relationships are made and broken. At least at my school.

There's definitely a few benefits to having even a small part of the musical:
-There are WAY more girls than guys in it
-I don't have to remember all the lines
-I finally have something to do besides stare at Facebook all day
-I get more chances to hang out with my friends

And Jessica (from my last post) is a maiden in it, too. This plus my involvement with the Improv Team at my school should definitely get me off the computer and out into the world. Speaking of improv, last Improv Night went AMAZINGLY. In November, I landed a volunteer job as announcer, scorekeeper, and tech guy for the Improv Team. The guy who was supposed to be helping me with the tech stuff and announcements didn't show up for our last show, so I had to do everything myself—and I pulled it off. Awesomely. This is definitely something I can impress people with. That or just make them think I'm a geek.

So, yeah. I'm turning into a drama-ddict. (See what I did there?)

This is all I can write right now; I have to do some planning for NEXT Improv Night, study for finals, and get prepped for this HUGE concert on Saturday. I'll keep you posted! Later!

You can follow all of Metalhead's updates right here on his blog! Speak up, theater nerds: is participating in the school play a great way to make a luuuurve connection?

Related post: Metalhead's NBK Saga

Topics: Life
Tags: flirting, crushes, hobbies, high school, extracurriculars, improv, never been kissed, nbk, theater nerds, mankler nbk

Write your own comment!

OR