Skip over navigation

Shivani Makes Quiche Lorraine (with BACON!)

Shivani Makes Quiche Lorraine (with BACON!)

By Shivani

When I was in high school, visiting seniors would prattle on and on about how much free time they had in college. They waxed poetic about lazy afternoons spent in the libraries, leisurely flipping through books, and casual mid-mornings spent lolling on the green, flirting with every attractive individual passing their way.

They lied.

Though I do have a lot of free time compared to high school, it’s free time that needs to be budgeted. To put it lightly, I study a lot, hence my current state: huddled in my room with my books spread out, laptop open and a jar of Nutella for company. It also means I don’t have time to ass-hat around making up new microwave-themed recipes. Which is why I’m presenting you guys with my favorite recipe for Quiche Lorraine.

Ingredients:
1 round pre-made pastry crust with 9-inch diameter
12 slices of bacon
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/3 cup minced onion
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups light cream
¾ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. white sugar
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper

Directions:1. Preheat oven to 425°F

2. Place bacon in a large skillet and fry over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels and then chop coarsely (like you’re making your own bacon bits). Sprinkle bacon, cheese and onion into pastry shell.

3. In a bowl whisk together the eggs, cream, salt, sugar and cayenne pepper. Pour mixture into pastry shell.

4. Bake 15 min. Reduce heat to 300°F, and bake an additional 30 min, or until a knife inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean.

5. Allow quiche to set for 10 minutes before cutting.

Hey man, if there's bacon, we're IN. Have you ever made anything with a PASTRY SHELL before? We hardly even know how to crack an egg.

Related post: Posts by Shivani!

Topics: Life, College Advisor
Tags: college, recipes, studying, funny things, baking, college life, cooking with shivani, free time

Write your own comment!

OR

About the Author
Shivani

Shivani is a blogger and college student living in Miami, Florida. She’s usually rocking a serious topknot and always trying to realize her life’s ambition of getting her own reality show. In her spare time she blogs about boys, school, and makeup on www.missaluru.wordpress.com. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @padmashiv.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.