Skip over navigation

Fort Eating

Fort Eating

By Contributor

In newyorkmabbie's last post, her actor Mr. Lifty ditched her at the read-through. Is he about to do that again? —Sparkitors

I woke up this morning thinking about my film and scheduling and my first post. I feel a bit bad about how I portrayed Mr. Lifty—I gave you guys the wrong impression. Honestly, I’ve been really good friends with him for ages and he’s like my brother. I was just upset that he didn’t show to the meeting. I did ask him to do this because I thought he could be a good douchey boyfriend, but he also was nice enough to agree. With this in mind, I planned to write this post putting Mr. Lifty in a new light. And then I got a text.

Oh, Mr. Lifty, why do you ruin our lovely moments with texts? “Unfortunately, I didn’t account for the fact that I have double sessions for football and I fort eat in between too so I won’t be able to do this :/”…

Let’s talk about this. Football I understand. But did he really just say he can’t do this because he’ll be busy eating in his free time? Someday, I’ll be making a film and I will have to look through hundreds of hopeful actors’ resumes all night and I won’t complain, because I’ll just remember losing a cast member to “I fort eat in between.” Someday, I’ll tell the story of my first film, and Sean Biggerstaff and I will laugh at “I fort eat in between.” Now? Not so much.

Deep breaths, Mabbie. This isn’t so bad. I’ve got friends in the drama department. Okay, so they either graduated last spring or aren’t good enough friends with me that I can contact them. Gosh darn it, why didn’t I make an effort to be friends with them?! And now I have to find a new filming location since I can’t use Mr. Lifty’s house if he’s not in the film! Okay, deep breaths, Mabbie. Two weeks until filming begins. I can find someone in two weeks. Please excuse me while I go fort eat my anxiety away.

Advice from the Movies: “I know what I have to do now; I’ve got to keep breathing because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?”—Tom Hanks as Chuck Noland in Cast Away

What should Mabbie do now?!

Related Post: Adventures of An Amateur Director: Reading Through (Minus the Lifty Jerk)

Wanna write for SparkLife? Read this first!

Topics: Entertainment, Celebs & Stuff
Tags: sparkler posts, movies, jerks, acting, text messages, actors, making movies, directing, directors, amateur director, flims

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

From Our Partners