Skip over navigation

Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies

By Shivani

Arranging a dorm room is a lot like playing Tetris. Luckily, I rock at Tetris. Which means I easily transitioned into being a dorm room domestic.

Here at college, I've been making friends with a pretty simple method: I bake cookies and use them to bribe people into talking to me. These are so good—chewy and gooey on the inside and just a little tough and crunchy on the outside. They’re so good, you might not want to share.

Makes 55 2-inch cookies

Ingredients
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup room temperature butter
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
10 soft caramel chews, cut to the size of the chocolate chips
½ cup roughly chopped almonds
1 tbsp. coarse sea salt

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper on a baking mat.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Stir well to disperse the salt and baking soda within the flour.
4. Beat the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl until creamy; add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat mix into dry ingredients.
5. Stir in chocolate chips, caramel pieces, and nuts.
6. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a ungreased baking sheet.
7. Sprinkle cookies with a pinch of coarse sea salt.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; carefully remove the entire sheet of cookies (still on the parchment paper) from the baking sheets to cool until the caramel firms up enough that you can move each cookie to a wire rack to cool completely.

If you're a freshman, how's your first week going?? Are you bribing people into friending you?

Related post: Cooking with Shivani: Vegan Mac and Cheese

Topics: Life, College Advisor
Tags: recipes, cookies, dorms, baking, college life, cooking with shivani, college freshmen

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Shivani

Shivani is a blogger and college student living in Miami, Florida. She’s usually rocking a serious topknot and always trying to realize her life’s ambition of getting her own reality show. In her spare time she blogs about boys, school, and makeup on www.missaluru.wordpress.com. Follow her on Twitter @Shivani_Aluru.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.