Search Menu

Dan's Five Worst Days of High School

High school was pretty good for me, but five days and events stick out in my mind and haunt my life. First up: The day I had the wind knocked out of me. In my sophomore year, I was placed in the worst gym glass of all time, a class made up of the oldest, toughest, meanest brutes in the world. We had to play floor hockey, and each class was a nightmare. The hulks didn’t even care about scoring. If the ball was anywhere near you, that was the go-code for violence. During one class, a kid broke his ankle. BROKE IT! And the gym teacher literally dragged him to the corner and made us keep playing. That same day, I had the wind knocked out of me by one of the thugs (named Whoop). I went down hard and blacked out. This event was made worse by the fact that a girl I liked witnessed everything…and laughed. I was shoved against the wall until I came to. Or maybe I’m still blacked out, lying on the gym floor. What year is it?
Topics: Life
Tags: high school, school, slideshows, dan bergstein, bad days, dan bergstein week

Write your own comment!