Skip over navigation

Legally Brunette

Legally Brunette

By Contributor

undercoverolive is following her dreams—all the way to a top college!—Sparkitors

If you're a female with a pulse, you've probably seen one of my all-time favorite movies, Legally Blonde. If you haven't, go watch it now. The plot of the movie is simple but inspiring: Elle Woods, an underestimated pretty blonde from California, follows the love of her life to Harvard. Sounds crazy, right? That only happens in movies, right? Wrong...ish.

See, I've recently met the guy of my dreams. He's got the trifecta: smart, cute, and funny. We share the same interests. He sings, he dances, he acts, he plays more musical instruments than I knew existed. He's friends with my best friend, giving him the automatic stamp of approval. And now, he's going to my dream school.

Well, it was my dream school until I gave up on myself. Being that it's one of the best schools in the country, I let people tell me that I wasn't good enough. They said that I didn't have the grades or the talent to get in, and I listened to them. However, my crush didn't let any of those haters get to him. He put his best foot forward, he applied, and now he'll be having the time of his life in the big city.

Meanwhile, as an incoming junior, I'm struggling to figure out what school I want to attend. Before I met my crush, I had no clue what schools to look at. I got so stressed about getting into a good school, my parents had to have a meeting with my school guidance counselor, who lent me a giant book listing every accredited college in America. While I scanned through every name of every school, I started thinking about the schools that everyone else wanted me to apply to instead of what I wanted.

However, my crush has now inspired me to follow my dreams and not lower my standards to please anyone. I'm going to do everything I can to get into his school, both to prove that I'm better than what everyone assumes and to reconnect with the best guy I've ever met. In this way, I'm just like Elle, although my natural hair color is disappointingly darker. I know that even if I don't get in, I tried as hard as I could. I won't have to live with the regret of what might have been if I never tried. Maybe me and my dream guy will never get married like Elle once imagined, but in the real world, there's always Facebook stalking.

Get it, girl! We believe in you! Anybody else pursuing a dream guy/school?

Related post: Applying to Colleges? Be Sure to Protect Your Underpants?

Topics: School, Life
Tags: college, crushes, high school, stress, dreams, facebook stalking, following your dreams, inspirational

Write your own comment!