Skip over navigation

The Three-Day Crush

The Three-Day Crush

By Contributor

purpleabsofsteel may have an unfruitful habit of three-day crushes, but we think her current crush sounds promising! —Sparkitors

In my life, I’ve had multiple crushes. These boys have been tall, short, fat, skinny, smart, stupid, and much more. Though each of these boys have been completely different, they all have one common factor. I had a crush on each of them for exactly three days. Not a single one of these ended in a relationship, but I have compiled a list of a few of them anyway.

The New Kid
The year was 2006, and I was 12 years old. The culprit was the New Kid at school. He was the tall, dark, and handsome type. This crush lasted exactly three days, and ended with him telling me he didn’t want a relationship. That day after school, he approached one of my closest friends and asked her out (to which she responded "yes" without hesitation).

The Best Friend
It is now 2008, and I have fallen in love with my best friend. He was shorter than me, had blonde hair, and we talked every single day. I told my best girlfriend about my crush, and she decided to immediately run up to him and tell him about it. He said that he didn’t want a relationship. (I seem to get that one a lot.) We didn’t talk again for years, but now we are pretty close again and haven’t mentioned it since.

The Camp Counselor
The summer before my sophomore year, I attended an international, secluded camp on top of a mountain a few hours north of where I lived. There was an 18-year-old counselor there from New Zealand. He was about a foot and a half taller than me, and 4 years older. Naturally, after hearing his accent, I developed a crush. This crush went away three days later, when I met the counselors in training from Spain who didn’t seem to own shirts.

This three-day streak of mine is something that I have grown out of now that I am a senior in high school. The crush I have on my current best friend has been here a lot longer that three days, and doesn’t seem to be fading anytime soon. I haven’t decided if that is better or worse than the three-day crush but I don’t seem to have much control over it. Anyway, I wish you all good luck on you crushes, and hope that they end with love bubbles and happiness.

How long do your crushes last?

Related Posts: Crush Week!

Topics: Life
Tags: sparkler posts, rejection, crushes, best friends, crush week, camp counselors

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

From Our Partners