Search Menu
Menu

Life After Harry Potter

Life After Harry Potter

little_miss_sparky embraces life after Potter; are you strong enough to do the same? We're definitely, definitely not.—Sparkitors

On July 15, the final film in the Harry Potter series will be released. I am filled with bittersweet excitement; I feel like I ate a "conflicted feelings" sundae, topped with a tinge of sadness and sprinkled with nostalgia. I mean, NO HARRY POTTER = END OF THE WORLD, right? I'm planning to prepare myself the hard way, with these three steps.
Step 1: Embrace the Truth.
I'll never be able marry a fictional character. Goodbye, Draco Malfoy.
My Hogwarts acceptance letter isn't lost in the post—I'm just not getting one.
I'll never have a Hippogriff as a pet.

Yeah, the truth hurts. But the sooner you acknowledge it, the sooner you can move on. (I'm sorry, Draco. It never would have worked out between us.)

Step 2Don't cry because its over. Smile because it happened. Of course, there will be plenty of reasons for me to start bawling like a baby—J.K. ROWLING KILLED OFF MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS! But I'll never regret reading the series. I mean, can you imagine life without Harry Potter? Oh My Rowling, the horror. Wearing glasses wouldn’t be as cool. (For the record, I don’t wear glasses, but ever since HP, I decided it would be awesome to wear them. I haven’t been purposely watching TV with poor lighting to spoil my eyesight though, I promise.) There would be no AVPM. There would be no Potter Puppet Pals. There would be no Facebook. (Well, there would be a Facebook, but you wouldn't get to write witty quips about Harry Potter on your crush's wall, so it would basically be worthless.)

Step 3Don’t stop the magic.
Write Fan Fiction.
Draw awesomesauce Fan Art.
Gather all your Potterheaded friends and go to Potter World.
And always proudly carry on the tradition; I'm going to name my daughter Hermione, and I solemnly swear I'll recite Harry Potter to my grandkids—from memory.

I wish that I could borrow Hermione's Time Turner and go back to the day when I first read The Sorcerer's Stone; I was addicted from page one. But I can't go back. All good things must come to an end (and time travel is impossible). The end will be here faster than a Nimbus 2000, so Sparklers, be prepared.

Will the end of Harry literally KILL you? Like, will you actually DIE?

Related post: Prepare to Cry Like a Little Girl

Photo credit: http://fcdn.filmonic.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/deathly-hallows-poster.jpg

Topics: Life
Tags: harry potter, funny things, post-potter depression

Write your own comment!