You Know You're From Florida When...
alexthenotsogreat, you are hilarious. Now we know exactly how to fake Floridian status next time we visit our assorted elderly relatives! –Sparkitors
Oh, good ol' Florida... It's not just a place with beaches and a multitude of fruit festivals. No, there is so much more to Florida than meets the eye! Here’s how you know you’re from Florida:
- You laugh when that a game show’s Grand Prize is a trip to Florida.
- You have never wanted to go to Miami, and you know the locals call it North Havana.
- You’ve seen at least one alligator cross the street.
- When the Tampa Bay Devil Rays became the Tampa Bay Rays, you died a little inside.
- You’ve made your own shortcake at the Strawberry Festival.
- There’s a permanent gap between your toes from wearing sandals.
- You have a year-round farmer’s tan.
- You’ve volunteered at one of the ten nursing homes in your city.
- Taking the scenic route means driving past the cows.
- You hate Busch Gardens. With a fiery passion.
- You’ve enjoyed “INSTA SNOW!” every Christmas of your life.
- You’ve had a hurricane party.
- You’ve been blinded by fat men in Speedos…
- You know what the four seasons really are: almost summer, summer, not summer but really hot, and February.
- You can pronounce Okeechobee, Kissimmee and Withlacoochee.
- You’ve laughed at tourist doing the “sting ray shuffle” even when there aren’t any sting rays.
Who else thinks 11 months of summer sounds like a fair tradeoff for unfortunate Speedo sightings?
Related post: You Know You’re From…