alexthenotsogreat, you are hilarious. Now we know exactly how to fake Floridian status next time we visit our assorted elderly relatives! –Sparkitors
Oh, good ol' Florida... It's not just a place with beaches and a multitude of fruit festivals. No, there is so much more to Florida than meets the eye! Here’s how you know you’re from Florida:
- You laugh when that a game show’s Grand Prize is a trip to Florida.
- You have never wanted to go to Miami, and you know the locals call it North Havana.
- You’ve seen at least one alligator cross the street.
- When the Tampa Bay Devil Rays became the Tampa Bay Rays, you died a little inside.
- You’ve made your own shortcake at the Strawberry Festival.
- There’s a permanent gap between your toes from wearing sandals.
- You have a year-round farmer’s tan.
- You’ve volunteered at one of the ten nursing homes in your city.
- Taking the scenic route means driving past the cows.
- You hate Busch Gardens. With a fiery passion.
- You’ve enjoyed “INSTA SNOW!” every Christmas of your life.
- You’ve had a hurricane party.
- You’ve been blinded by fat men in Speedos…
- You know what the four seasons really are: almost summer, summer, not summer but really hot, and February.
- You can pronounce Okeechobee, Kissimmee and Withlacoochee.
- You’ve laughed at tourist doing the “sting ray shuffle” even when there aren’t any sting rays.
Who else thinks 11 months of summer sounds like a fair tradeoff for unfortunate Speedo sightings?
Related post: You Know You’re From…