Skip over navigation

Vocab Word of the Day!

Vocab Word of the Day!

By Chelsea Dagger

EPIC VOCAB SHOUT-OUTS from Friday's post go to:

Sparky007xxx69420666: I have an insatiable appetite for pizza, ice cream, ramen, kool aid, and SparkLife.

as396: I have an insatiable desire for my overly loquacious and unnecessarily extenuated sentence, which is teeming with words that make Chelsea Dagger very sudorific due to their magnificence, to be one of the Epic Vocab Shoutouts, because I'm just supermegafoxyawesomehot like that.

Little-Five: Voldemort's need to kill "the Boy who Lived" was insatiable; he just wouldn't give up, no matter how many times Harry kicked his butt.

Today's word: Effrontery

Definition: Shameless or impudent boldness; barefaced audacity; an act or instance of this

Post your best sentece in the comments!

Related post: Vocab Word of the Day!

Topics: Life, Test Prep
Tags: sat vocabulary, vocab words, vocab word of the day

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Chelsea Dagger

Since 2010, Chelsea Dagger (known in real life as Chelsea Aaron) has been SparkLife's sweatiest editor. She's currently working on a how-to-kiss guide for teens, and when she's not conducting smooch-related research on her life-size Joseph Gordon-Levitt cardboard cutout, she's eating pancakes, stocking up on industrial-strength deodorant, and destroying everyone at Harry Potter trivia. (EXPECTO PATRONUM!)

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.