Skip over navigation

5 Reasons Why Variety is the Spice of Life

5 Reasons Why Variety is the Spice of Life

By Contributor

grace _return7 wants to put an end to the bathing issue—by agreeing with everyone! —Sparkitors

I feel the need to enter into the bathing debate because my opinion is better than everyone else’s, as an advocate for both baths and showers, only I can bring peace to the great world that is SparkLife. Only I can keep the masses both clean and happy! Here are my reasons why you should mix things up:

1. When you need to be ready for a hot date or when you wake up late for school, showers are your quickest grooming maneuver. Plus, there’s nothing quite like waking up to hot water blasting down at you at 6 a.m. (As you can tell, I myself am a morning showerer. Please don’t take offense, Dan.) However, if you’re really bored, tired, lazy, or cold, a bath is the perfect thing to take up an hour or more of your time. I typically do bring a book with me (although I agree that baths are extremely good ruiners of books, there's really nothing better than relaxing in the tub and reading for an hour).

2. Another good idea, if you don’t want to ruin your book, is to blast your music. Everybody knows you're a great singer in the bathroom , and we’re working on a study showing that loud music only amplifies that effect (results should be out in March—we’ll get back to you on that). It's important to remember, though, that you sound just as good taking a shower as a bath.

3. Half of the time when I take showers in the mornings, I end up sitting on the floor of my shower for a good ten minutes and often almost fall asleep. It’s just like a bath, except I don’t have to worry about flooding my bathroom. My point is, both are relaxing.

4. One word: shower-baths. These are like number 3, only you can plug up the drain and splash around. The shower-water falling into the bath puddle made a cool noise,  and, you get that full-body warmth effect without your toes getting cold because of the air coming in the sides of the shower curtain.

5. CAN’T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? Seriously. I want some peace and quiet.

Related Post: 15 Reasons Why Showers Are Terrible and Double Feature: 2 Sparklers Explain Why Baths Are Terrible

Where do you stand on the bath vs. shower issue?

Topics: Life
Tags: sparkler posts, showers, debates, bathing, baths

Write your own comment!