You could come up with a great solo Halloween getup (a Rubik's cube! a sexy mouse! Mummenschanz!), but now that you've got an awesome S.O. to share in the fun, why not try one of these costumes for two?
- Viral video stars: Think Keyboard Cat and his piano, a baby monkey riding on a pig, or Charlie and his big brother.
- A classic musical duo: The White Stripes, The Eurythmics, or even Outkast. (Dressing in drag is highly underrated.)
- The Most Perfect Couple Ever: Be as cutesy-poo as you can get. Get matching outfits, finish each other's sentence, and wear kiddie harnesses so you can never lose track of each other.
- Cirque Du Soleil: Enough said.
- Dumbledore and Grindewald.
- Pop culture icons reimagined as animated Taiwanese video characters: Why go as Lindsay Lohan and her parole officer when you could go as the Taiwanese CGI news video of Lindsay Lohan and her parole officer?
- Happy Bella and Jacob: Imagine that Bella got together with Jacob and actually had some fun, and that Jacob stopped being so moody/broody all the time. The hardest part of this one may be pulling off a convincing Bella-smile.
- The "Boop" scene from Superbad.
And, as an added bonus: COSTUMES TO AVOID
- Anything that requires a prosthesis or body paint.
- Romeo and Juliet.
- The Human Centipede.
We will never forgive Rachel for mentioning The Movie That Must Not Be Named. Do you have a good couples costume lined up for Halloween?
Related post: What Your Halloween Costume Says About You