Search Menu
Menu

The Friday Awards

The Friday Awards

Oh, hello.

Can you feel the SparkLove from peaceonearth34, who made this awesome sauce drawing? (We hope you don't mind, peace, but we typed out the words because they were little tough to read.*) Yes, we're feeling the love today, but we're also feeling rushed. You see, several weeks ago a Sparkler said in the comments that she does not eat dinner until the Friday Awards are published. To that we say:

• We hope you live in California.
  • We're awarding as fast as we can.
  • Wait a second! We never meant to get between a girl and her noms. We're not size 0 skinny jeans! We're SparkLife, where burritos are celebrated, pizza is devoured, and blocks of cheese are revered as Gods! For the love of cheese woman, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaat!

Now that we got that off our chests, awards!

Happy Birthday to Eebyenoh and Nutt_Peter!

Happy Belated to Nlm2nd and emmyz31!

We Like Your Technique Points to...

...nox_light47 for this comment on the multiple choice guessing post...

Hehehehehe this is how I do it
Another great tip: Often, the _longest_ answer on a multiple choice questions is correct. For example:
How should one describe Sparknotes when gushing about it to a friend?
a. cool
b. pretty neat
c. awesome
d. SUPERMEGAFOXYAWESOMEHOT!!!11!!1!
The correct answer, is in fact, D.  Works almost every time!! *crosses heart*

...to SongByrd94 for this comment on high school dances...

hmmm....interesting here in Utah it is traditional for the askee to ask in some huge extravagant way (i.e. get your date's families permission to sneak into his/her house when he/she is gone and completely deck it out with balloons streamers confetti etc. along with a note saying something like "I would be tickled pink you would go to the dance with me....Pop all the balloons until you find my name" (all decorations would be pink...cuz it connects.) And then the person would have to reply in an equally extravagant way. It is very deeply frowned upon to simply go up to the person you want to go with and simply ask them...followed by a simple reply.
Yes it is a huge hassle but it is so much more fun!

The Good Sister Award goes to abby0912. She knows why.

Nerds Unite(!) Points to Dumbledore21 for this comment on the school spirit week post...

At my school, we have spirit days spread out throughout the year. LIke in September we had pajama day, in October we had costume day, December was tacky tourist day. Now there's a ballot in the office for what it should be next. There's like, crazy hair day, and a bunch of dumb stuff like that, and then, NERDS VS. JOCKS DAY! How genius is that?! All of you Sparklers should come to my school dressed as nerds and we should overthrow those jocks! But then again, everyone wants to vote for crazy hair day, (idiots) so that probably won't be happening.

We're sending Love Potion Points to SoSincereSoAlone for this comment on psych disorders...

Oculophilia- I have that, i was staring at him today AGAIN, he does know that i exist, of course he does, right? Anyway, he has a girlfriend so it doesn't matter, i'll get over him someday! but today i was starring at him dreamingly again, wondering how god would ever come to create such a heavinly creature such as him in the world; his eyes the colour of the sea, not like the normal blue you get, there's a twinkle of hope in his eyes, aspirations, dreams, Oh and his lips, they may not look like brendons (brendon urie) but oh!my!god! they are just about perfect, i'm pretty sure they'd fit my lips perfectly, its as if god has made us for each other, except he hasn't realised yet,yet! but he will one day and that day will be the best day of my miserable 16 year old life, he will run into me like a kid running to his mother, he would hold me tight and refuse to let go, his beautifull fingers would run through my hair slowly, in such slow motion and with such feeling that i will practically fall into a trance by his touch, and then, and then....

The Super Fan Award goes to MarauderPrincess for this comment on psych disorders...

I suffer from nonphonophobia, only it's more like nonSparkophobia.
If I'm away from SparkNotes for 10 minutes, I just get this feeling that I've missed something, and must... get... back... to Sparklife... AAAAAAAAUGH!!!!!
That happens every minute I'm away. Seriously.

The Pwning Cheaters Award goes to brontethecat for...

I love it when they don't know that you know they're cheating. Then I look at them and whisper, "Can you see well enough?" Then I shame them with my eyes. Then their conscience eats them from the inside out. Right there. In the middle of the test. *sigh* those sorry, sorry, cheaters.

You're the Next Ashley Spencer Award goes to stephi10490 for this comment on the funny bets post...

*gets a good look at the picture* There's a red-head, there's a red-head, there's a red-head! 10 points to the Sparknotes editors for getting a ginger in there! That's super-mega-fantastically-wonderfully-awesome. If she had freckles my computer would have exploded from all the excitement.
I love Redheads.
I can't wait for Hug-A-Ginger Day.

LOL Points to...

...one25centpeice for this comment on funky beards...

Sometimes I wish I had a beard. When I'm teasing someone about taking too long to do something, I mime myself growing a beard. Then I start braiding it, then i knit it into a sweater, then donate the sweater to a homeless man, who makes a pair of matching beard-socks.

...Katie_Sauce for this comment on the same post...

Sometimes, when I'm alone, I make and then wear a paper mustache with perfect sloping curves and excellent little curled tips. It makes me happy to embrace the 'stache for those few moments, despite being a female. *dreamy sigh*

...emMCie for this comment on an open thread...

Yeah for my birthday, I'll finally be old enough to smoke. STUPID ACHIEVEMENT! "Hey guys! I can now pay someone to legally commit my own suicide!" Eighteen is just not that cool.

...xXmissaliceXx for this comment on the bedtime post...

My mother has stopped trying to make me go to bed at a specific time. Now it is simply "Fine. Do whatever. You still have to go to school in the morning, so good luck with that."
Every night i'm up late, and every morning I regret it.

...2Drury3 for this comment on the same post...

I would absolutely love to have a bedtime. That way, I would be forced to actually get some sleep instead of staying up extremely late procrastinating on homework that will never get done. Plus, then I could complain about how loud my family is at night and how they are keeping me up... and maybe they would listen. Or maybe not... they absolutely must stomp through the entire house announcing their whereabouts with each footstep.

...neomaxizoomdwbi for this comment on Sparklers going back in time...

My friends have figured that I'm about 176 years old.
Why? I love the Beatles, that's fifty years.
I love eighties movies. That's thirty years.
I love to crochet and knit. In the rocking chair I have in my room. That adds another eighty years.
Plus the sixteen I already have.
On my birthday, they didn't know whether to get me a Taylor Lautner poster, or prunes and a walker.

...pennboz for this comment on the post about what's under your seat...

My dad was changing my tires once and found a pair of hand-cuffs in my drivers-side door. He reacted by saying "Now, isn't that something every father wants to find in his daughters car..."
hehe...he?

...blinkychick369 for this comment on the same post...

this is gross but true: a very old french fry which was so encrusted with salt that it was preserved. Then you ask yourself, "when was the last time I or someone else ate french fries in my car?" oh yeahhhh.......

...to Woktaker for...ermmmm...this...

This is random but... my first crushes have all been... different. I was in love with Danny Devito, Tom Hanks, Alex Trebeck, and Regis Philbin... and I had a minor crush on Doctor Phil. I have no idea why now (except for the Danny Devito one)... sorry that had nothing to do with the post but number 6 was finding Danny Devito so I was just reminded... yeah...

...Tinessael for this comment on the messy room post...

My room looks constantly like somebody attacked it with a fleet of raving helicopters.
I think it balances out the organizing freak I am in school.

...muffinsarejustbetter for this comment on the Field Notes on the Professorius Secondarius post...

The Teachifrous gives its computer the eyes of death and shouts menacingly in the general direction of the Sparkiferous studenta. A befuddled look appears on the dark-haired Sparkiferous as she makes her way slowly towards the Teachifrous's territory-- the feared habitat known as the DESK. In an unintelligible attempt at language, the Teachifrous gestures impatiently toward the machine of technology. Understanding dawns on the Sparkiferous's face as she presses the S-P-A-R-K-N-O-T-E-S-.-C-O-M keys into the computer. At last, peace is achieved and the Teachifrous is content... for now.

...rebel_of_nowhere for this comment about stock characters on the city bus...

How come all the old people on buses always seem to know each other? It's like a little mobile old people reunion.
Or, the old people who make you feel guilty for being young. Like that's our fault. Even after they pointedly stare at you so they can sit down (they do it even as you're moving for them!) they just look at you like "You are young. Just sit there in your youngness and be young. And wrong. For you are young, therefore you are wrong."
And the guy who smokes and smells awful.

...Distinctions for this comment on the bus post... (where do you live???)

What about the crazy people? I swear, sometimes you think you're on Candid Camera. I once saw a 30-ish lady all decked out in a fancy evening gown, the works. Her first words to us? "Brainwaves to the back of the bus! I'll know if anyone cheats." A few girls giggled, she quickly turned in horror: "Don't mock the queen!" Later on she was bugging the bus driver and finally she said she was going to report him. She put on a monotone voice: "Reporting bus 283 for misconduct. You'll all be sorry!" She got off a little while later and I kept wondering whether or not I'd see myself on TV in a silly prank show.

...DudleyvonKarma for this comment on Where Are They Now: Literary Characters Edition...

Ralph from Lord of the Flies - After a traumatic experience on the island, he becomes a postal worker, but after another plane crash, he is stranded yet again on an island. This time though, he is alone except for a volleyball named Wilson.

...paper_girl123 for this comment on the body language post...

If somebody touches their face, mouth or neck while talking, it often means they're lying.
Smiling after they say 'I love it' about a gift means they're lying.
Liars may place objects between you, e.g. a book, mug, folded arms or a slammed door.
If they scratch behind they're ear, it's a sign they are also lying.
If they pick their nose, however, it just means they are disgusting.

...and to KelAndCompany for this comment on the same post...

Oh yeah, and when I stare at my dog for a long time, he gets uncomfortable and just looks at me from behind his eye-lashes like an embarrassed little boy. He thinks he's a people. And I'm pretty sure he has a crush on me.

...she_who_squeaks for this comment on the Auntie SparkNotes Secret Sonnet-Leaving post...

Wowwww... Last year one of my friends left an anonymous love poem in her crush's trumpet case, only to hear him gossipping with his friends later about how stalkerish she was to have sent it. Oddly enough, then this guy started stalking HER because he wanted to find out if she was still going to stalk him.

...MaggieGirl2013 for this comment on the same post...

Hey, I have something to say!
Honestly, I thought that was so sweet that he admitted to all of us female Sparklers and Auntie that he wrote a love note to a girl. People say that girls hate love notes and think they are creepy, but this really isn't true. Maybe some weird girl does, but honestly, if a guy told me "Your eyes wake me up each morning and on a scale of one to ten you are an 11" I'd fall head over heels for him even if he ate paste and in his spare time jumped out of airplanes without a parachute. (Can you show me how to do that? That would be so cool!)

...to Mihang for...

Heh, once I wrote a note to a guy that I liked in 6th grade, and I decided to write in cursive. (Seriously?! What else is cursive good for?! Besides giving dyslexic people headaches and occupying space in the 5th and 4th grade curriculum, of course.) So 2 or 3 days later, I overheard him telling his friends that whoever wrote the note has *really* good handwriting. That was good for me b/c my *real* handwriting is worse than lizards walking across the page, but I think he eventually figured it out. He didn't say anything, but once he picked up a note that fell on the floor that I had written in cursive to my friend. At first he looked surprised and glanced around the room, and then he gave the note back to me. After which I buried my face in my hoodie while my friends burst into laughter.
Moral of the Story- ....um......well......uh......WHO PUT THIS 'MORAL' SIGN HERE?!?!?!

...deathbyblackhole for this comment on the Hanging Out with Jazzy post...

in our middle school we had this teacher who literally talked to inatimate objects. She would bump into a desk (she was very clumsy) and apologize to the desk. or talk to her pencils and staplers and stuff during class. it was creeeeeepy

...travelwriter21 for this comment on the same post...

Hmmm....a couple of days ago in spanish class, this girl asked my spanish teacher whether it was true or not that she used to eat chalk (there, apparently, was a rumor going around saying this) She then proceeded to explain to the class that yes, she did because she was anemic and she would crave chalk...but now she takes supplements so it's ok. Then after much begging, she took out a box of chalk from a desk drawer and took a bite out of a piece of chalk!!! About 6 kids then asked if they could try some,and our teacher pretty much distributed out the entire box of chalk because that many people wanted to try it. One kid ate an entire piece of chalk!!! I have concluded that not only is my spanish teacher crazy, my entire spanish class is crazy

...SupernovaTova for this comment...

in middle school we had a band director who liked to throw things at us when we didnt play things like he wanted.... like the time he threw his big music stand at the flute section, or when he threw the white board at the wall during jazz band. true story.
he had a "yelling jar" we made him use instead of an 'i can't jar' or a 'swearing jar' some people have.
and then he would watch looney tunes with us instead of class and tell us about his 20-years younger, 7 foot forign girlfriend.

Congrats, Friamps! Have a great weekend, Sparklers!

*"might" should be "mighty" for the Chris's glasses description. Whoops!

Topics: The Internets
Tags: friday awards

Write your own comment!