It’s Thursday, and we’re bored. The solution? A collection of cool things from around the web that’ll help us (and you!) pass the time until Friday afternoon finally arrives.
1. Saturday is National Talk Like a Pirate Day. Use the next couple days to practice your best “Aaaaarrrrrrr!” and learn the real meaning of “swab the poop deck.” (Hint: It has nothing to do with poop.)
2. A group of plucky youngsters in Panama were startled by the sight of a fleshy-looking monster crawling out of a cave near the place where they were playing… so they beat it to death with sticks. Cryptozoologists are now arguing amongst themselves about whether or not the animal is a hairless sloth; we think it looks a bit too much like E.T. for comfort.
3. Great geeky site io9 has an awesome slideshow gallery of Future New York. The images show what might happen to our biggest Big City in centuries to come, as imagined by moviemakers and Hollywood concept artists. (Interestingly, the partially-submerged, beheaded, or otherwise-mangled Statue of Liberty seems to be a popular choice when it comes to illustrating Just How Far New York Has Falllen.)
4. This puppy needs somebody to help it roll back over.
5. President Obama: Leader of the free world, Commander-in-Chief of the United States Army, and light-saber-slinger extraordinaire. The force is strong with this one.
Have you found anything cool on the web this week? Share it in the comments!