Fall Things We Can't Wait For
Are you freaking out because summer is almost over? We say, let summer go! Take a stand and say that fall/autumn is the best season! Let’s think about this logically: beautiful colors in nature, awesome fashion opportunities, and hot cocoa. Checkmate.
Plenty of you seem to think cold is superior to heat (maybe something to do with the fact that we’re all sweating right now?) but let’s take a look at what makes fall such a grand, charming season.
- Sweaters, jackets, leggings, and flashy scarves
- Hot cider, hot chocolate, and pumpkin-flavored lattes…mmm
- Apple orchards (you’re never too old)
- Wearing layers—you can only combine shorts and t-shirts so many times before it gets borrrring
- Snuggling under a blanket while an autumn breeze rolls around the room
- Mildly chilly weather—it’s a lot easier to warm up in fall than it is to cool off in a heat wave
- Breathing instead of panting
- Theaters start showing movies that have more to them than explosions and farts
- Trees are no longer boring ole green like every other plant on earth—they’re on fire (hopefully not literally) with gorgeous reds, yellows, and oranges
- Hay rides and other rustic delights
- Mosquitoes and other pests begin to DIE with the oncoming cold!! (Okay, that was too much excitement about death, but bugs are annoying)
- Most of us go back to being pale, which thankfully is SEXY, what with "Twilight" and "True Blood"
- Homework. Oh, wait. No.
- Getting cozy with a sig other in the chilly weather. Fall = Romance
- It looks awesome when you can see your own breath
- Cruising around with the car windows down and a cool breeze whipping at your face
- Bonfires and roasting marshmallows!
- Hiking in the woods (sure, you can do this in the summer or spring…if you want to get eaten alive by bugs)
- Doing yardwork is more bearable in the chilly weather—we’ll take raking leaves to mowing the lawn drenched in sweat any day
What about autumn is getting you riled up? Most importantly, what hot drinks are you looking forward to the most?