Skip over navigation

Daniel Radcliffe Has Pasta in His Pants (and Other Rumors from HP Central)

Daniel Radcliffe Has Pasta in His Pants (and Other Rumors from HP Central)

By kat_rosenfield

Welcome, Sparklers, to Day 2 of Harry Potter Fan Mania!!!—where the Potter-loving masses come to beef up their Potions skills, save the Hippogryphs, and generally work themselves into a wand-waving frenzy over the impending release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Hopefully by now we’ve been joined by some Twilight fans who read the first Potter post and now realize how much fun there is to be had at Hogwarts, a magical place where the Whomping Willow is in bloom, the lady characters are BAMFs, and all your Pattinsons are sparkle-free.

With only a week to go before HP6 hits the big screen, your SparkNotes editors have been craving some juicy cast gossip and choice interviews to feed our ravening obsession. (And maybe, just maybe, knock the ridiculous reports of a Pattinson-Stewart Twilight love child off the radar for awhile.) Here’s the latest on what’s happening with the Hogwarts’ crew…

Daniel Radcliffe, a.k.a. Harry Potter, has been displaying his acting chops (and, uh, some other things) in the Broadway production of Equus, but he’s still trying to convince the general public that he’s not really that desirable: "I go to Japan and they all scream and it all goes mad,” he says in an interview, “but that's a different type of me—that's the red carpet me and that's who a lot of people seem to be attracted to, but the me that sits in a darkened room for eight hours a day watching the cricket with a big bowl of pasta in my socks and my underwear is not nearly so appealing to women.”

Right! Because if there’s anything women hate more than the idea of Daniel Radcliffe sitting in a dark room in his underwear… it’s pasta. Yep. Consider our passions thoroughly dampened, Potter. Also, please pass the linguine.

Tom Felton, a.k.a. Draco Malfoy, has a Twitter! But thus far, his tweets are disappointingly UN-evil… and here he is, interviewing with TONY Kids Magazine and saying things like, “I like to think that I’m a relatively nice guy in real life.” Whatever, Felton. WE KNOW YOU’RE A DEATH EATING EVIL-PUSS.

Rupert Grint, who plays Ron Weasley, has recovered from swine flu and is once again safe to make out with. Not that we’d ever think about that sort of thing.

Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) talks with the L.A. Times about perfecting the Longbottom Waddle.

And Emma Watson, who plays Hermione Granger, would like to remind you that she’s already heard every possible pick-up line that, ahem, euphemistically references “wands” and “broomsticks”… and she’s not impressed.

Got any great Pottergossip? Share your tidbits, musings, and outrageous rumors of an illicit Snape-Luna love affair in the comments! ...And check back tomorrow for more Harry Pottering.

Topics: Entertainment, Celebs & Stuff
Tags: harry potter, movies

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

About the Author
kat_rosenfield

Kat Rosenfield is a writer, illustrator, advice columnist, YA author, and enthusiastic licker of that plastic liner that comes inside a box of Cheez-Its. She loves zombies and cats. She hates zombie cats. Follow her on Twitter or Tumblr @katrosenfield.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.